[Oasfaa] OASFAA Fall Decentralized Training Update

Larry Hollingsworth LHollingsworth at osla.org
Fri Oct 3 15:51:09 CDT 2008

Hello Friends,

One final reminder of our decentralized training which is scheduled for
a week from today, Friday, October 10th. If you have not notified me of
your plans to attend, please do so ASAP so we can have enough food for
lunch. Some people, like Steve Daffer, get kind of cranky if they don't
get enough for lunch!

One more thing I forget to mention is you might want to bring a three
ring binder for the handout materials. Years ago I was sitting next to
Don Matthews who used to the Director at SWOSU when I mentioned to him I
was having trouble understanding the concept being presented at the
training. He looked over at me and said "where is your three ring
binder?" I said "what?" He said "you were supposed to bring a three ring
binder for the training materials. I brought my binder and I'm having no
trouble understanding the materials." So there you have it. Bring a
three ringed binder and you will have no trouble at all understanding
the materials!

A special thanks to Pam and OU for hosting us, to OGSLP for providing
the training materials and to OLAC for providing lunch!  A quick comment
to those not familiar with the OU campus; once you get to the corner of
Lindsey (which is one of the exit streets off of I-35) and Elm, you've
got it made. For a point of reference, we're only a couple of blocks
from the football stadium. The campus map Pam provided is very helpful.
For my old eyes, I had to go to the printable version and increase the
size, but the streets are marked very clearly.

Have a great weekend everyone and drive safely next Friday. See you in
Norman!

Larry

************************

What: The OASFAA 2008 Fall Training Workshop Series on Aspects of
Student Eligibility

When: Friday, October 10, 2008. Registration 8:30 AM, Training 9:00AM -
4:00PM.

Where: Room 170 in Nielsen Hall (the Physics building on the South
Oval). See the OU campus map at http://www.visit.ou.edu/HTML/map.htm
Nielsen Hall is Building # 27.  The parking lot is north of Building 38
(Dale Hall Tower), you enter it from Elm Street.

Why: Because one, it's free; because two, the training will be
excellent; and three, because you will have a chance to network with
your colleagues.