[Oasfaa] OASFAA Fall Decentralized Training Update

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Fri Oct 3 16:38:38 CDT 2008

We're definitely looking forward to everyone coming to Norman next week.  In case you're nervous about traffic or parking, remember that we have no classes on Friday, Oct 10  because everyone will be heading to Dallas for the OU-Texas game.     You'll have pretty clear sailing because you'll be coming TO Norman instead of going AWAY from Norman.

One correction---our parking office can't open the lot north of Dale Hall for us without having to get us all visitor parking passes, which is a logistical pain in the proverbial patootie.   So, they've agreed to let us park on levels 2 through 5 of the Elm Avenue Parking Facility, building 16 on the OU map.  This parking garage is on Elm Avenue just south of Boyd Street.  If you come in to Norman on Lindsey Street, turn North at Elm Avenue and go north past the stop sign at Brooks Street.   You'll make a left turn into the parking garage.  If you get to the stop light at Boyd and Elm, you've gone too far north.

There should be plenty of space for you to park and Nielsen Hall is a short walk south on Elm Avenue---we'll be in the new west end addition to Nielsen Hall which you enter off of the east-west pedestrian walk on Brooks Street.    If you're familiar with OU, you might know Nielsen Hall better as the Physics & Astronomy building.

Here's the link to the map if you need it.  And, if you get REALLY lost and need us to 'guide you in', call my cell phone at 405-203-1406.

http://www.ou.edu/discover/discover_home/visit/map.html

Pam McConahay
Associate Director, University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
pmcconahay at ou.edu