[Oasfaa] Philo Brasher Emerging Leadership Award

Andrew Hammontree AHammontree at francistuttle.com
Tue Oct 14 13:07:15 CDT 2008

Dear OASFAA:

I am happy to announce that Mendy Schmerer has won this year's Philo Brasher Emerging Leadership Award (formerly known as the Philo Brasher Rookie of the Year Award).

Normally I would announce this award at the fall OASFAA conference, but since we are not having a fall conference this year, I decided to make the announcement over the listserv instead of waiting for it to be announced at the SWASFAA conference.  As you may recall, this award was established by SWASFAA in honor of Philo Brasher.  Each year OASFAA selects a member who has served OASFAA and made a contribution to the association.  OASFAA will pay for Mendy's registration to the annual SWASFAA conference in December, and we will match the $250 scholarship contribution that SWASFAA makes to the general scholarship fund of Mendy's school.

Mendy has proven herself to be a valuable asset to OASFAA over the years.  This year Mendy is the program chair for the spring conference.  Her email address is mendy-schmerer at ouhsc.edu if you want to send her some session ideas or want to volunteer to be on her committee.  She also serves as one of the delegates-at-large on the OASFAA board, and she was a co-presenter at decentralized training on Friday.  She and David Barron did a great job training all of us.  Thanks for all the hard work.

Congratulations, Mendy!

Andrew Hammontree
OASFAA President