[Oasfaa] Operation Shake Your Groove Thing

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Tue Feb 17 16:20:19 CST 2009

OASFAA cats,

The Spring conference is practically around the corner-April 15th, 16th, and 17th-which means we're jazzed for this year's Citizens Caring for Children collection drive.  Citizens Caring for Children, http://www.citizenscaringforchildren.org/, is OASFAA's service project and they serve to break the cycle of abuse and neglect for Oklahoma foster children by addressing their material, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs, because every child deserves the chance for a better life.

Last year, our "Operation Backpack" was to the max, allowing the Association to donate backpacks, socks, underwear, and cash in significant amounts.  For our ghetto fabulous collection drive this year, we hope to do them a solid and do even better.

The Program Committee has put together "Operation Shake Your Groove Thing" in keeping with our "Stayin' Alive" theme for the conference.  We hope to gather as many backpacks, duffel bags, sweats, and pajamas as we can.

I have attached a list that splits schools and vendors into 4 teams:

[cid:image002.gif at 01C9911B.A0133E50]      Team Electric Boogaloo, Team Captain Bruce Webber, Stillwater National Bank
[cid:image002.gif at 01C9911B.A0133E50]      Team Hustle, Team Captain, Melissa Thornton, BancFirst
[cid:image002.gif at 01C9911B.A0133E50]      Team Bump, Team Captain, Diane Hogue, Tinker Federal Credit Union
[cid:image002.gif at 01C9911B.A0133E50]      Team Robot, Team Captain, Ron Hancock, Nelnet

If you don't see your organization's name, let me know and I will get you added to a team, I was just trippin' and missed putting you on the list.

So, in gathering backpacks/duffel bags and pajamas/sweat, we are creating another contest.  The skinny on a few simple rules:

1)      One bag (backpack or duffel bag) AND one set of pajamas or sweats is one donation
2)      A monetary donation (checks made to Citizens Caring for Children are tax deductible) of $15 counts as one donation
3)      Donations are encouraged for youths of ALL ages
4)      Bring your donations to the conference-we'll collect them & keep track Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday

By Thursday's dinner, the team with the most donations wins.  Simple as that.  However, the team with the fewest contributions is going to watch its team captain boogie and do the team's dance at Thursday night's evening activities.  Word?  Word.  I actually have no idea what the Electric Boogaloo is, but I think I want to see Bruce grooving to it on the dance floor.

Can you dig it?  Let's make this a slamming success.

Questions?  About the contest or my bogue attempts at 70's slang, let me know.

Catch you on the flip side,

Mendy Schmerer
Office of Student Financial Aid
Financial Aid Coordinator