[Oasfaa] Fwd: Physician Manpower Training Commission SB1047

Andrew Hammontree AHammontree at francistuttle.com
Fri Feb 20 13:49:11 CST 2009

Hello OASFAA:

Please see the email below from Physican Manpower.  This is an issue that might affect the scholarship funding for a lot of Oklahoma students.

Have a great weekend,

Andrew Hammontree
OASFAA President

>>> On 2/20/2009 at 10:52 AM, in message <002601c9937b$966fa750$045c10ac at PMTC180>, "Michelle Cecil" <michelle.cecil at pmtc.ok.gov> wrote:
Hi Andrew:

I am needing some help.  We found out yesterday that there is a Senate bill that would close down Physician Manpower Training Commission as of July 1, 2009.  We are needing everyone to call their Oklahoma State Legislators and letting them know that this would not be a good thing for the State of Oklahoma.  Our scholarships have helped approximately 5,000 nursing students since the inception of the Nursing Student Assistance Program and have helped communities all across Oklahoma in placing doctors in those rural communities.  We think that Senate Bill 1047 could go to the Senate floor for a vote as early as next week so this is something that needs to be acted upon as quickly as possible.  If you have any questions, please contact the Physician Manpower Training Commission office at (405) 843-5667.

Thank you so much for your help and support.

Michelle Cecil
Physician Manpower Training Commission
5500 North Western Avenue Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK  73118