[Oasfaa] acg question

Myrna Cross myrna.cross at wosc.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:24:02 CDT 2009

Okay,
This is a test for those of you who were able to attend NASFAA!!!  I have a
couple of questions concerning ACG.
1)  We have a 2009 graduate who has 30 hours completed (attended concurrent
and also had vo-tech cooperative agreement hours while attending high
school) and a 3.0 gpa.  He meets ACG criteria due to OHLAP elig.  We
consider students who have 30 hours completed to be 2nd year sophomores.
Does he skip 1st year acg eligibility and for this fall and go to the 2nd
year amount?

2) Student has 79 earned hours and has been accepted to our RN program.  She
will be a 1st year nursing student this fall and meets critera for acg.  If
I certified her for a loan I would code her as a grade level 1 due to the
fact that she's in her first year of nursing school.  Would she also be
elig. for her 1st year acg??  She's never been Pell elig. before now and
hasn't used her 1st year acg to date.

Thanks so much.

Myrna Cross
Western Oklahoma State College