[Oasfaa] OASFAA Board for 09-10

Andrew Hammontree AHammontree at francistuttle.com
Mon Jun 1 10:04:00 CDT 2009

Dear Colleagues:

I hope everyone is doing well.  I wanted to let everyone know the results of the recent election for the new OASFAA officers.

President-Elect: David Barron
Secretary: Becky Garrett
Treasurer-Elect: Mendy Schmerer
Delegate-at-Large: Dustin Davidson

As you may recall, Nancy Moats will be the President for the 09-10 year, and Tammy Higgins was supposed to be the Treasurer.... However, after the recent election occurred and before I could announce the results, Tammy notified the board that she was offered a director's position at Pittsburg State in Kansas, so she had to resign her position.  (You can congratulate/harass her at thiggins at neo.edu.)

According to the OASFAA By-Laws, when a vacancy like this occurs, the board may elect someone to fill the position until the next general election.  We have asked Mendy Schmerer to take over the Treasurer position a year earlier than planned, and Teri Cochran will fill the Treasurer-Elect position.  We appreciate both Mendy and Teri's willingness to step up to the plate and help us out.

Therefore, the 09-10 OASFAA board is as follows:

President: Nancy Moats
President-Elect: David Barron
Past President: Andrew Hammontree
Secretary: Becky Garrett