[Oasfaa] House and Senate Pass HEA Technical Amendments Bill

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Wed Jun 24 08:33:34 CDT 2009

House and Senate Pass HEA Technical Amendments Bill <http://www.nasfaa.org/ghr1777062409>
The House unanimously approved legislation (H.R. 1777) yesterday that makes technical amendments to the Higher Education Act. The House approval came after the Senate unanimously approved the bill earlier in the day. The House and Senate's action clear the bill to be signed into law by President Obama. The text of the bill is not yet available, but NASFAA expects to publish additional details about the bill in tomorrow's Today's News as the text becomes available.

This is the bill we were waiting to have passed so we do NOT have count VA benefits as a resource in 09-10 aid packages.   I'll keep you posted about the president signing the bill and if the text contains any surprises.

Pam McConahay
Associate Director, University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Ave, Room 216, Norman, OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-3657
pmcconahay at ou.edu