[Oasfaa] Scholarship Money for Oklahoma Students

Magee, Irala imagee at osrhe.edu
Tue Apr 6 14:24:06 CDT 2010

Dr. Debra Stuart with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
recently received the following scholarship notification:

I wanted to reach out and ask for your help in getting out the word of a
good cause.

I am the chairman of the Jimmie L. Dean Scholarship Foundation,
established to provide scholarship awards to Oklahoma students attending
Oklahoma 4 year accredited Universities, Colleges and Technical schools.

I wanted to alert you that the foundation is taking applications for
scholarship awards for the 2010 - 2011 school year until April 30.
While there are no specific requirements, we are looking for students
who can exemplify the attributes of Hard Work, Responsibility and
Education.  It is important for the students to fill out the application
completely and include first and last names, and either the  ACT or SAT
score they will be using to apply to their school of choice.

This year we are also looking to award money to current students
attending the Oklahoma institutions.  For students already attending
post high school level institutions, they should have complete the
application from the website and also send an email to
info at jimmiedeanfoundation.org letting us know they are not a graduating
High School senior in 2010.

One of the great things about this foundation is the potential size of
the awards.  We can award up to $10,000 per person per year.  Although
most awards will not be the maximum, the awards is one of if not the
largest of its kind in the state of Oklahoma.

Please visit www.jimmiedeanfoundation.org for more details.  If you
would like to link our website to yours, that would be great.

Thank you.

Bob Boyd

Chairman

Irala K. Magee

Director of Scholarship and Grant Administration

PO Box 108850

Oklahoma City, OK  73101-8850

imagee at osrhe.edu

405.225.9378