[Oasfaa] Year Around Pell Question

Karen Jeffers jeffersk at redlandscc.edu
Mon Feb 8 09:15:06 CST 2010

I need a little clarification on year around Pell, actually a lot of clarification!

We have a couple of students that have transferred to us for this spring semester.  Previously, they attended one of the Technology Centers and received Pell for non-standard terms; thus, having multiple disbursements for a period beginning prior to a standard fall semester.  For example, Student received disbursements on 7/9/2009 and 10/26/2009 for a total of 90% of one annual award.   Same student is now enrolled full time at Redlands beginning 1/19/2010.  Under the old method we would only be able to pay him/her the remaining 10% of the annual award.  What about under the new Year Around Pell?  Can I flag this student as having additional eligibility and begin working on that second annual award even though the first annual award hasn't been completely utilized?

Thanks in advance!
Karen

Karen Jeffers
Director of Financial Aid