[Oasfaa] Year Round Pell for 1011 Question

mmccoin at tulsacc.edu mmccoin at tulsacc.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:13:07 CDT 2011

Good, Good Friday everyone,

I have a quick question regarding year round Pell for 10-11.

The scenario,

A student successfully completes 24 hours in the fall and spring terms,
but because of the enrollment as of the census date was paid 3/4 time or
even half-time (arbitrary for this example)  for one of terms. The student
added a course or two later in the term that resulted in successfully
completing 24 hours for the academic year. In terms of Pell usage, the
student has used 75% of the first scheduled award for fall/spring but have
also completed 24 credit hours. Do we award the 25% from the first
scheduled award for the summer term without a 2nd scheduled amount even
though the student completed 24 hours. Or, do we pay the remainder of the
first scheduled award and the amount eligible based on enrollment for the
summer term for the second scheduled award?

I don't recall this scenario at the ED training or at OASFAA.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt McCoin, M.S. Ed.
ERP Manager