[Oasfaa] OASFAA Update

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Fri Jul 1 15:52:13 CDT 2011

Happy holiday weekend!  Hopefully the majority of you are getting to read this on Tuesday morning after enjoying an extended July 4th weekend.

I wanted to give you some updates on what OASFAA has been and hopes to be up to.

On June 23rd, we had our transitional board meeting at Tulsa Community College's Southeast campus.  David Barron, the 2010-2011 President, held his final meeting.  David, thanks for a great year!

Once 2010-2011 business was concluded, the 2011-2012 Board and Chairs met to commence the new year.  The new officers and chairs are listed below.

President

Mendy Schmerer

President Elect

Becky Garrett

University of Central Oklahoma

Past President

David Barron

Rogers State University

Secretary

Lori Perry

Rose State College

Treasurer

Carol Stanfield

Tulsa Community College

Treasurer Elect

Dustin Davidson

Moore Norman Technological Center

Delegate at Large

Mary Lou Bledsoe

Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology

Delegate at Large

Scott DeBoard

University of Central Oklahoma

Advisory (President-Elect)

Becky Garrett

University of Central Oklahoma

Conference

Lori Boyd

Oklahoma State University

Corporate Relations

Kelli Kelnar

Oklahoma College Assistance Program

Electronic Initiatives

Andrew Hammontree

Francis Tuttle Technology Center

Entertainment

Kim Cook

Southwestern Oklahoma State University

Finance

Nancy Moats

University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

Historian

Penny Gandy

Oklahoma College Assistance Program

Legislative

Marilyn Schwarz

Murray State College

Local Arrangements

Alicia Smith

Metro Technology Center

Long-Range Planning (Past-President)

David Barron

Rogers State University

Membership (Treasurer-Elect)

Dustin Davidson

Moore Norman Technological Center

Nominations/Elections (Past-President)

David Barron

Rogers State University

Program Chair

Rich Thornton

Seminole State College

Site Selection

Kelly Hicks

Rogers State University

Training

Audra Main

I look forward to working with everyone this year.  Also, for those of you who turned in volunteer forms at the Spring conference, rest assured we will be in touch through the course of the year!

Dustin Davidson, our Membership Chair, will be in touch soon about the renewal of your 2011-2012 OASFAA membership.  I'm pleased to say that the Board voted to keep the membership fee unchanged at $100.

We have a lot to accomplish this year.  One of my goals is to stay in constant contact with you via the listserv.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the inner workings of OASFAA, I would love to familiarize you with the things that it takes to keep the Association running like a well-oiled machine.

Lastly, with the drastic changes to our industry over the last several years, while OASFAA's mission and purpose remains unchanged, the Board felt it was time for a wholesale review of the Policies and Procedures.  Nancy Moats worked tirelessly in heading up this task, so a big thank you goes to Nancy.

I have attached the newest version of OASFAA's Policies and Procedures.  Your comments, questions and feedback are welcome.  Please take the next 2 weeks to read, review, and think about the changes.  Any suggestions we receive will be discussed by the Board and upon the conclusion of the 2 weeks, the Board will vote on the changes on July 18th.

I look forward to hearing from you all during my term.  Please know your Board and the Chairs work tirelessly to keep the Association strong and to provide training and networking opportunities that are relevant and timely to members.  If you have comments, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you,

Mendy Schmerer
2011-2012 OASFAA President
Assistant Director