[Oasfaa] FW: OASFAA Spring Support Staff Training Reminder

Becky Garrett bgarrett at uco.edu
Mon Mar 28 14:17:25 CDT 2011

Attached is a list of schools that have registered and the number of people they are sending.   Please check the number attending from your institution and let me know of any changes or updates.

The following link will take you to a map with directions on how to get to the Franklin Campus:

http://mntechnology.com/sites/default/files/fr_campus_map.pdf

The Training will be held in the Seminar Center located in the Main Building.   You may enter the building at Entry A or Entry B to get to the Seminar Center.

Thank you.  Look forward to seeing you on the 31st.

Becky Garrett

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CBD73D.59B3BEC0]
WHAT:  Spring 2011 Support Staff Training
WHEN:  Thursday, March 31, 2011, Registration 9:30 - 10:00, Training 10:00 - 12:00, Lunch 12:00 - 1:00, Training 1:00 - 3:00
WHERE:  Moore-Norman Technology Center, Franklin Road Campus, 4701 12th Avenue, Norman, Oklahoma
Cost:  FREE

This is an excellent opportunity for the Support Staff in your office to receive free Professional Training.

Joyce Allman, Ph. D., Associate Provost for Academic Advising Oversight at the University of Oklahoma will be presenting the morning session, 'Exemplary Service is More than a Smile".

*         Service is an element of financial aid that is sometimes overlooked, yet attention to this area is important in addressing issues facing our students.  Using an analogy of a fine dining experience, we see that it is possible to have a sense of style, refinement, and sophistication in our interaction with students.  How we present our offices, our services, ourselves, as well as offering "little things" to give students stellar service can make a big difference in a student's college experience.  The models and tips are easily duplicated at any university, as the communication concepts are basic, but thoughtful.
The afternoon sessions will be presented by OGSLP staff.  The Policy, Compliance and Training department will conduct training on the following topics:

*         Dealing with Difficult People at Work - Get five tips about dealing with co-workers who are cranky, aggressive, subtle snipers, complainers and silent avoiders.

*         Successful Workplace Communication - Establish effective communication habits at work and home by practicing the four C's: consistency, clarity, compromise and confidence.
Please respond to my email address, bgarrett at uco.edu<mailto:bgarrett at uco.edu>,  the number of people attending from your institution by March 24, 2011.  This will provide me with an accurate lunch count.   OASFAA will be providing a free box lunch between the morning and afternoon sessions.

Becky Garrett
Assistant Director for Technical Services
Office of Student Financial Aid
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University
Edmond, Oklahoma  73034
405-974-5325
Fax:  405-340-7658
bgarrett at uco.edu

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.