[Oasfaa] Grad Counseling program practicum question

Jonna Raney jonna.raney at okbu.edu
Wed Oct 2 11:35:46 CDT 2013

Hello all,

We are starting a Masters in Marriage and Family Counseling program and the question has come up about what happens in their last year when all they are actually only enrolled in 3 hours each semester but they are completing their practicum which is more than equivalent to half-time enrollment. How do we keep them from going into repayment and more importantly, how can we award them add'l loans for this less than half-time enrollment?

Is my only choice to decide to count 3 hours as half-time for this program? I don't really want to do that as it opens a whole can of worms that I don't want opened. :)

Thanks in advance for your solutions to my problem.

Jonna