[Oasfaa] Certificate programs

Susan Prater SPrater4 at uco.edu
Tue Apr 29 09:52:16 CDT 2014

Hi Myrna,

In the handbook, Vol. 2, Ch. 2, 2-16, it provides the requirements.  My understanding is that unless you are an eligible post-secondary vocational or proprietary institution, a program that leads to a certificate must be 1 academic year in length and must prepare the student for gainful employment.  Post- secondary vocational institutions can be less than one year and the specifics are further discussed in the handbook.

I have just been scheduled for a meeting to discuss the requirements for Certificate programs and Gainful Employment at our school too.  Had some preliminary phone discussion about this a couple of months ago with Academic Affairs.  Here we go.

Susan Prater
Director
UCO Student Financial Services
405.974.2300