[Oasfaa] Powerpoint Presentation on OKPromise

Fair, Bryce bfair at osrhe.edu
Mon Feb 17 14:43:51 CST 2014

FYI - Attached is a copy of the powerpoint presentation on OKPromise that we made to our State Regents on January 30.  It's an update for the program through the 2012-13 year.  It provides participation statistics, some demographic information, and performance measures of students in the program.  As you will see, a major new trend in the program is that participation in the program is now declining, both in the number of students enrolling in high school and the number of award recipients in college.  We expect that this trend will continue if there are no legislative changes to adjust eligibility for the program.  A primary cause for the decline in enrollments is that the $50,000 family income limit for enrollment in the 8th-10th grades has not been adjusted for 14 years, since 2000.  Over that time, the percentage of Oklahoma families with incomes of $50,000 or less has dropped from 61% to 45%.  Other factors that impact participation are the second income check and new college GPA/SAP requirements.  Students in the program continue to perform well academically, outperforming their peers in most measures such as high school GPA, college-going rates, remediation rates, full-time college enrollment, college freshmen GPA, college persistence and degree completion rates, and the rate at which OKPromise college graduates remain in the state after college graduation.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Bryce Fair

Bryce Fair
Associate Vice Chancellor for Scholarships & Grants
Phone:  405-225-9162
Fax:  405-225-9392
e-mail:  bfair at osrhe.edu<mailto:bfair at osrhe.edu>

Mailing address: