[Oasfaa] SWASFAA Board meeting reminder

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Wed Jan 21 13:27:52 CST 2015

Next Monday, the SWASFAA Board and committee chairs will meet in Arlington for its first meeting of the 2015 term.

Andrew Hammontree, of Francis Tuttle Technology Center, is serving as SWASFAA President for a second consecutive year.  If you know Andrew, you know he is just a little bit of a goal oriented guy, and this second year is going to give him some fantastic opportunities to accomplish those goals.  I know he has wonderful ideas for SWASFAA to better serve its membership, and more importantly, he has the follow through to make those ideas come to fruition.

Dustin Davidson, of Moore Norman Technology Center, is serving as OASFAA President for the 2014-2015 term, and as such, represents Oklahoma on the SWASFAA Board during the 2015 SWASFAA year.

I am serving the second year of my 2 year term as Oklahoma Delegate at Large.  I am also serving as the Mid-Level Committee Chair for that newly resurrected committee.  I will have a LOT of details about Mid-Level training very, very soon, so be on the lookout for a barrage of emails about it.

While committees are still being formed, I'm sure Oklahoma will be represented well.  If you are looking for volunteer opportunities, let me know!

As Delegate, my primary responsibility is to act as the liaison between SWASFAA member institutions in Oklahoma and the SWASFAA Board.  Should you have any questions or concerns about SWASFAA's missions, goals, and initiatives (trainings, conference, webinars, etc.), please don't hesitate to reach out to me, or to Dustin or Andrew so we can ensure that your issue is addressed appropriately.

Thank you,

Mendy Schmerer, M.Ed.
Assistant Director
Office of Student Financial Aid