[Oasfaa] How do you identify students by phone?

Perry, Lori A. lperry at rose.edu
Fri Dec 8 13:20:43 CST 2017

Hello OASFAA,

Our office is trying to establish a FERPA compliant method to identify students over the phone before discussing their financial aid application.  Do any of you have procedures in place that you are willing to share?

Of particular concern are those potential students that have not yet enrolled in our institution but have applied for aid and are seeking assistance through the financial aid process.  In dealing with these potential students we are not able to ask them to verify a unique institutional question such "give us the course number/name of a class in which you currently enrolled" for example.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and have a Happy Friday!

Lori

Lori Perry|Assistant Director|Financial Aid Office
6420 SE 15th Street|Midwest City, OK 73110
Voice 405.733.7424| Fax 405.736.0359
lperry at rose.edu<mailto:lperry at rose.edu>
[RSC-email-tag]