[Oasfaa] Foreign College Transcripts

Karen Jeffers karen.jeffers at tulsacc.edu
Thu Mar 23 10:28:39 CDT 2017

Question -

We have student who has attended an institution of higher learning in a foreign country.  He has given us conflicting information about what type (if any) of degree he earned from the foreign institution.  FAFSA indicates no bachelor degree earned but he has verbally told us the opposite.  We have requested the transcript but the student is telling us the school is now closed and no records are available.  Student further explains that the school was a private school and that no records are available through the Department of Ministry.  He has not submitted anything to us to substantiate his claims about the school.

If he has the equivalent of a US bachelor degree he won't be eligible for Pell grant.  So, how should we proceed?   Who else do we suggest he contact to get his records?

Karen Jeffers
Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Tulsa Community College
3727 E Apache St
Tulsa, OK 74115

Northeast Campus  2616-D