[Oasfaa] OASFAA update

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Mon Oct 5 13:18:59 CDT 2020

Happy Monday, OASFAA friends! I know I'm not the only one shaking my head at the fact that it's October and the 2021-2022 FAFSA is now available to our students. I was joking with my staff (except I wasn't really joking!) the other day that I feel like I had just been stocking up my canned goods and bottled water for the Y2K crisis that was ahead of us.

With all the things we've had to become adjusted to in 2020, and no way of knowing what 2021 will look like, your 2020 - 2021 OASFAA Board<https://www.oasfaaok.org/Board-Members> and Committee Chairs<https://www.oasfaaok.org/Committee-Chairs> is going to work extra hard to encourage your engagement in OASFAA. And for those of you who might be new, that's the Oklahoma Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators. We all have some function in the administration of student financial aid, making the path of post-secondary education more possible for our students. If, at any time, you feel like you're in this alone, please remember you have a whole network of friends and colleagues who are going through the same things you are. You are not, at any time, alone in financial aid!

In March, we launched a new website<https://www.oasfaaok.org/>. If you don't have it bookmarked, I recommend that you do that so it's easy to find. Because of its newness, there might be some things you aren't used to yet. As long as you belong to an institution in the OASFAA database, you have your own user name (your email address) and password. If you need to update your own information, you can do that. If you are the "bundle administrator" for your office, we ask that you maintain the folks in your "bundle," which in more familiar terms, simply means your staff. By keeping your staff list updated, you are ensuring that your staff receives information relevant to trainings and events that OASFAA hosts from messages that are generated out of the web platform. You can find instructions to do that maintenance here<https://www.oasfaaok.org/Instructions>.

When your institution's membership is in good standing and paid, you can log in and see the membership directory<https://www.oasfaaok.org/Membership>, finding all those friends you need to network with.

Because it is still relatively new, if you see any issues with the site, please let me know. As the Electronic Initiatives Chair, the website is my responsibility, so let me know if you see a goof, you can't find something, whatever!

While the Board can and will communicate to all those in the directory via the web platform, you have a means to communicate with those who are subscribed to the OASFAA listserv, which is how I'm sending this out. Our partners at the Oklahoma College Assistance Program have generously administered the OASFAA listserv for years, and we're grateful for that! If you have someone new on your staff, forward them this email so they can get subscribed as well.

We also have a Facebook page, so if you're not a fan yet, please find us<https://www.facebook.com/oasfaaok> and like the page!

My very best regards,

Mendy Schmerer, MEd, CFAA
Director, Office of Student Financial Aid | SWASFAA President, 2020
865 University Research Park, Suite 240 | Oklahoma City, OK  73104
O (405) 271-2118, x 48817 | F (405) 271-5446
Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu<mailto:Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu>
https://financialservices.ouhsc.edu/Departments/Student-Financial-Aid
www.facebook.com/OUHSCFinancialAid<http://www.facebook.com/OUHSCFinancialAid>
[Certified Financial Aid Administrator(tm) (CFAA) - sha256$dd67125bf7320df2abed03a5a6c59141f0a5ed526f6bf29eb1ccf990f13996d8]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email, including any attachments, contains information from The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, which may be confidential or privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.