[Oasfaa] OASFAA Virtual Training and Roundtable, Thursday, March 4, 2-4 PM

Sanders, Diana diana.sanders at okstate.edu
Fri Feb 26 10:57:10 CST 2021

Happy Friday OASFAA!

I hope everyone is doing well and thawing from the snow and ice we received over the last few weeks! It is hard to believe that March is next week and with that is our first spring virtual training event!

To kick off the training, Carol Swenson from Ascendium will present a 30-minute session on information for having a great financial wellness tool, coupled with strategies to engage your students in the most effective ways to help them achieve their financial goals. Just as important is providing the know-how to navigate college-level classwork and skills to achieve short and long term goals. You are encouraged to join to learn the components for a solid student success program and best practices using Ascendium’s GradReady tool.

This will be followed by an open Roundtable discussion with questions your financial aid peers from around the state of Oklahoma have on topics ranging from R2T4, SAP, HEERF, and much more! We need you to join us for this peer networking session because we want to hear your best practices and ideas!

Here are the direct questions we have received:
*How are schools awarding and distributing HEERF funds? Who has been responsible for reporting?
*How are schools performing professional judgment/special circumstances?
*SNAP benefits for those with 0 EFC and work-study? Are schools notifying students about the temporary eligibility for students?

Topics requested:
R2T4, SAP, HEERF

Do you have a question you would like answered? Please send to Diana Sanders at diana.sanders at okstate.edu or Teri Cochran at cochrant at nsuok.edu and join us to learn how your peer institutions are handling the above and so much more!

The event is FREE, but you must register to attend! The Zoom link will be provided prior to the meeting next week!

We look forward to "seeing" you there!

https://www.oasfaaok.org/eventcalendar
Oklahoma Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - Event calendar<https://www.oasfaaok.org/eventcalendar>
This year instead of a formal spring training we will be having a roundtable discussion event. The purpose will be to discuss the new rules and regulations mentioned during the FSA conference (R2T4 for modules, SAP changes etc.), HEERF II, or anything else that individuals would like to discuss or receive suggestion on best practices.
www.oasfaaok.org