[Oasfaa] SWASFAA Mentoring Program

Melanie Rinehart M.Rinehart at sscok.edu
Thu Feb 25 09:06:08 CST 2021

Dear SWASFAA Members:

The past year has presented us with many challenges, both personal and professional, with many people feeling isolated at home or in our jobs. To address these challenges, I am excited to announce the launch of the SWASFAA mentoring program. This program provides an opportunity to build relationships between financial aid professionals with different levels of experience. Our goal is to provide mentors and mentees with a forum for one-on-one interactions throughout the year. These interactions may take on a variety of methods—virtual meetings, phone calls, emails, texting … and maybe, someday, in-person. It won’t involve a lot of work, but we hope it will include a lot of value for its participants.

Anyone who wants to build their leadership skills should apply to be a mentee. Whether you are new to financial aid or just want to make a connection with another financial aid administrator, please consider taking advantage of this opportunity. Mentors should be seasoned financial aid professionals who are willing to share their time and experience with others.

If you are interested in being a mentor or mentee, please complete the attached application and return it to me by March 5. I have also attached an information sheet to explain how the mentoring program will work. We will make every effort to find a good match for everyone, depending on their needs. If you have any questions, you may contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you!

Take care,

Andrew Hammontree

SWASFAA Leadership Development Chair

Phone: (405) 717-4336