[Oasfaa] 2021 SWASFAA Conference Committee

Melanie Rinehart M.Rinehart at sscok.edu
Fri Jan 29 14:49:37 CST 2021

Happy Fri-YAY!

SWASFAA works on a calendar year so we are off to a great start on the New Year! Of course that means filling committees with volunteers. Mrs. Janell Valdez has put out an all call for volunteers on the 2021 Conference Committee. Here are my top 3 reasons why you should JUMP at this opportunity...

  1.  GREAT Career Resume builder!
  2.  The 2021 conference will be in BEAUTIFUL Albuquerque, New Mexico in November 2021.
  3.  Janell is an AMAZING person with a vast knowledge of financial aid, SWASFAA and making things fun!

See below for Janell's email and a brief description of the committee.

If you want to volunteer with SWASFAA but have other interests besides conference... give me a shout and we'll get it figured out!

Sincerely,
Melanie Rinehart, MBA CFAA CFEI
Director of Financial Assistance
Office: 405.382.9717
Fax: 405.382.9579
m.rinehart at sscok.edu<mailto:m.rinehart at sscok.edu>

Electronic correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the Oklahoma Open Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties. This correspondence is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as recipient(s) in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material. Thank you.

From: Janell R Valdez <JaValdez at salud.unm.edu>

The committee has functioned a bit differently in the past couple years, at least when it comes to in-person meetings.

Here are a few things to share with those interested in volunteering:

  *   All planning meetings will be virtual, via Zoom, normally one hour length
  *   Initial meeting will be late February/early March
  *   Time commitment will be participating in virtual meetings, which should be not more than 3 - 5  before the conference.
  *   Time outside the meetings will depend on what actions the member will be responsible for, such as assisting with session planning.
  *   Conference registration, travel, and hotel expenses will not be covered.  Though attendance at conference is not a requirement committee membership, it would be great if members could attend.

Of course, I'm available to answer any questions a member has before committing to the committee.

Janell