[Oasfaa] Available Funds for 2000-2001

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Thu Mar 29 10:26:11 CST 2001

Good Morning,

We have identified a LIMITED amount of uncommitted funding that is available
for approving additional 2000-2001 OTAG awards (spring semester
consideration only -- no funds will be awarded for the fall semester based
on an earlier recommendation from the financial aid community).

Over the next couple of days, we will be issuing a current Eligibility
Status Report for 2000-2001 for each school for their OPTIONAL review and/or
completion.  Since not all schools will have update information to report to
OTAG, please be aware that OTAG staff will not follow up in the event you do
not respond with either a completed report or individual student updates.

Please be aware of the following:

Submitting an update does not ensure that a student will receive an award

*	If you have already reported "packaged" status for a student for
whom you are requesting award consideration by submitting an update form or
e-mail message, that information should already be updated in the OTAG
database and will be reflected in the report you receive
*	All "awardable" applications will be considered subject to the
availability of funds as we will need to determine the dollar value of
potential awards vs. the amount of funds we have available before we can
make any commitments
*	Since we have no way of knowing the volume of students schools may
be reporting on, we cannot confirm an award cutoff date at this time.  We
can confirm, however, that the cutoff will not extend beyond the current May
1 cutoff for renewals and April 30 cutoff for non-renewals with no greater
than 1500 EFCs.
*	After 12:00 noon on April 12, 2001, we will process new awards,
committing available funds, considering students who have eligible
applications for whom the school has reported "packaged" status by that time
*	Students for whom schools submit updates (for new awards) to the
OTAG office AFTER the April 12 cutoff have little if any chance of receiving
favorable award consideration.  This applies only to potential new awardees.
*	We will continue to process transfers and reinstatements for
students previously awarded OTAG in 2000-2001 until the April 30 FINAL
deadline for receiving updates, as long as funds remain available.

Please contact the OTAG office at 405.234.4356 or toll free at
1.877.662.6231 or send e-mail to reports at otag.org if you have questions
concerning potential new awards for 2000-2001.
Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 3020
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-3020
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 234-4356    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 234-4392