[Oasfaa] position available in Colorado

DanGHolt at aol.com DanGHolt at aol.com
Thu May 10 09:19:21 CDT 2001

Last night I hopped on my bike after finals, rode home and then rode to a
friends home to watch the Avalanche kick some serious "back side of the
body."  Afterwards I rode home and sat outside with my victory cigar and beer
(yeah, I didn't really play but it was still a victory) and watched the moon
rise over the Grand Mesa.  The reflection off of the Colorado National
Monument to the west was spectacular.  Soon I watched the silhouette of a
plane against the Bookcliffs to the North.  Quite an awesome sight.

Some job benefits are priceless!!   All of this and no long commutes to waste
your life away in traffic.

If you would like to be part of Mesa State College's awesome and dynamic
team, please see the job announcement attached.

Curt E. Martin
Associate Director of Financial Aid
Mesa State College
1100 North Ave.
Grand Junction, CO 81501

MESA STATE COLLEGE
Grand Junction, Colorado
Announcement of Position Vacancy

POSITION:           Financial Aid Counselor of Student Employment

RESPONSIBILITIES:   The Financial Aid Counselor of Student Employment is
responsible for the administration of the student Federal and Colorado
Work-Study programs.  This position monitors all aspects of the work-study
and student-assist programs.  The duties include computer application of the
work programs and balancing accounts.  The incumbent must counsel students
and parents on potential problems with financial aid, perform verification of
the financial aid application against tax returns of parents/student, monitor
the progress of student's academic progress to determine probationary or
suspension status, and present workshops to inform students of procedures

EDUCATION & Bachelor's degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in working in a financial aid office or related
experience is required.   The ability to read, interpret and implement
Financial Aid regulations is required.  The incumbent should be knowledgeable
in the use and application of computer technology.

APPOINTMENT:    Full-time administrative appointment.

SALARY: Salary commensurate with education and experience.  Excellent health
and retirement benefits.
APPLICATION
DEADLINE:   Open until filled.  To ensure consideration, complete
applications should be received by June 12, 2001.

Applications:   Submit letter of application and current resume with the
names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to:

Financial Aid Counselor Search Committee
Human Resources, LHH 237
Mesa State College
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO  81501

Visit Mesa State College's homepage at www.mesastate.edu

Mesa State College is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer