[Oasfaa] Race Results!!!

Mc Conahay, Pamela K pmcconahay at ou.edu
Fri Sep 28 16:52:13 CDT 2001

Just realized that I forgot to tell everybody the results of the Doxie Derby
on
Saturday, Sept 22.  And you thought Michael Jordan coming back to the NBA
was big sporting news.....HA!

As you know, Twinkie Ratliff ("The Wild Wiener from Weatherford") took home
the
first place honors for both the 1999 and 2000 derbies and came to Norman
looking
for a three-peat, resplendent in her "bulldog blue" racing silks.  The
entire Ratliff
family (Thomas, Sheila, Joshua & Elijah) were there to cheer Twinkie on.

After 3 preliminary heats, the final heat was Twinkie vs. my dachshund
Bismarck
("Bizzy"), and a young whippersnapper named Sherman. Sherman did remind me
a lot of Mr. Peabody from Rocky & Bullwinkle, and he looked young & full of
speed.  Twinkie & Bismarck lunged out of the starting gate, galloping at
full
speed down the raceway.....and Sherman sat down & wouldn't run.  Not even
for
the Beggin Strip (bacon, bacon, bacon) his owner was waving.  Bizzy, never
one to
pass up food, zipped past me at the finish line & nabbed Sherman's treat.
But, I
digress.....THE WINNER WAS TWINKIE RATLIFF, WINNING THE FIRST THREE-PEAT IN
DOXIE DERBY HISTORY!

Unfortunately, Twinkie's big rival & second place finisher from 2000,
Gretchen
Krueger (owned by Marla Krueger & Paul Kimmel of OU) was unable to race this
year....
no injury, just a really busy weekend getting the nursery ready for a new
baby girl in December.
I understand Gretchen had a paintbrush strapped to her tail & was
responsible for the
baseboards.  (Relax, OASFAA conservatives, Paul & Marla ARE married....
like my husband, Paul wanted to keep his maiden name & Marla let him.)

Speaking of babies, Matt & Joni Hamilton just brought by little Luke for his
first visit to
campus...complete in his OU onesie & Sooner socks, ready for the big game
tomorrow!  And, in case you haven't heard,
Kim & Paul Hutchison had a baby boy, R.J., on Saturday, Sept 22.
Congratulations to Kim & Paul,
I'm sure R.J. is almost as much fun as a dachshund.

Until next year, that's all the news that's fit to "e" from the Dachshund
Racing Circuit. Have a great weekend!!!

Pam McConahay
Asst Dir., Compliance & Support Svcs
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
731 Elm, Rm 125, Norman OK 73019-2111
(405) 325-4617, fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu