[Oasfaa] OHLAP-Plus for 2002-03

Fair, Bryce bfair at osrhe.edu
Tue Dec 11 15:53:51 CST 2001

The criteria for awarding OHLAP-Plus in the 2002-03 academic year will
change.  Due to the enrollment growth in OHLAP, the available federal GEAR
UP grant funds will not be sufficient to award OHLAP-Plus to all OHLAP
students that receive a Pell Grant.  Beginning fall 2002, OHLAP-Plus will be
awarded only to OHLAP students receiving a Pell Grant with an EFC (Expected
Family Contribution) of $1,000 or less.

*	Fall 2002/Spring 2003 - The student must receive a Pell Grant for
the same semester that OHLAP-Plus is claimed and have an EFC of $1,000 or
less. An otherwise Pell-eligible OHLAP student who has been suspended for
federal financial aid purposes is not eligible for OHLAP-Plus.

*	Summer 2003 - The student must have been eligible to receive
OHLAP-Plus in the Fall 2002 and/or Spring 2003 semester and have an EFC of
$1,000 or less.

We will be notifying current OHLAP college students about this change by
mail.  We hope this mailing will reach all OHLAP students, but we know we
may not have the most current address for every student.  Any assistance in
helping us inform OHLAP students on your campus of this change would be
greatly appreciated.

Please be aware that we will likely have to further constrict the OHLAP-Plus
eligibility requirements in 2003-04 due to the continued growth in program.

If you have questions, please contact the OHLAP office at (405) 225-9160 or
by e-mail at ohlapinfo at osrhe.edu

Bryce Fair
Assoc. Vice Chancellor for Scholarships & Grants
Phone:  (405) 225-9162
Fax:  (405) 225-9230
E-mail:  bfair at osrhe.edu

Mailing Address: