[Oasfaa] verification question

Diana Lee DLee at snu.edu
Tue Aug 6 15:29:59 CDT 2002

I was trying to verify a file where the student listed a step mother,
however, did not provide her income tax information.  The father called
and said it was really his live in girlfriend, and she would not provide
that information.

He said he called the 1-800 FA hot line and they said I was stupid for
asking for that information.  He also called OU and OCU's financial aid
office and asked about their policy, and they both said that they would
not ask for her information.

In my book this is a common law marriage and I do need her information.
 What do you all think?