[OKAIR] Online Critical Thinking Test

Mary Millikin MMILLIKIN at rsu.edu
Fri Aug 14 16:46:59 CDT 2015

I have used the California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory (CCTDI). This is a self-report measure of abstract thinking. It has limited use from my perspective.  The objective CCTBCT sounds more useful.

RSU currently uses the ETS Proficiency Profile to measure critical thinking more broadly.  We test a random sample of entering freshmen, second semester sophomores, and beginning this year seniors.  We use an enrollment hold on freshmen and sophomores as a negative reinforcer and then award them $10 at the bookstore or dining hall when the test is complete as a positive reinforcer.

I'm very interested in knowing how other institutions evaluate critical thinking.

Mary

"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow."    Orison S. Marden

[RSU Logo Horizontal Secondary 2013 Reduced]

Mary A. Millikin, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Accountability and Academics
Rogers State University
(918) 343-7605
mmillikin at rsu.edu<mailto:mmillikin at rsu.edu>
1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd.