[Okepas] Register for a Student Preparation Fall Workshop

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Thu Aug 24 14:34:30 CDT 2017

Good afternoon,
This is a reminder to be sure and register for a fall workshop near you.  Our workshops are for administrators, counselors, DTCs, and Indian Education coordinators.
Our presenters at our workshops will be:
Matt and I will cover concurrent enrollment, OKPromise, quick glance, and counselor/Indian Ed conferences;
Chelsea Hunt, Student Portal Coordinator of OKcollegestart, will cover OKcollegestart and the ICAP;
Theresa Shaklee, Outreach Coordinator with UCanGo2, will cover FAFSA changes, College Application Week, and the new Oklahoma FAFSA Data Portal;
Tony Cortez, OK ACT rep, will cover the PreACT and ACT information.

To register go to http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep/#fallwksp  Continental breakfast will be provided by ACT.  Registration opens at 8:00 a.m., workshops begin at 8:30 a.m.

Other important information:
We, OSRHE, are paying for the PreACT for all 10th graders public and private-yes it is free to your district.  When you go to http://www.act.org/preact to order, be sure to order by District, not HS.
The testing window for the PreACT is September 11 - November 30.
We will be having our counselor conferences and Indian Ed conferences throughout the school year.  The cost for the 2 day conference will be $145 which includes meals and lodging.  We will accept PO's.  The link to register for a conference will be on our website beginning September 1.

If you have any questions, please email Lisa Nelson, lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu> or Matt Higdon, mhigdon at osrhe.edu<mailto:mhigdon at osrhe.edu>.

Thank you!
Have a great day!
Lisa Nelson
Assistant Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Cell:  580.614.1328

"I will cherish the impact you have had on my life forever." ~Student