[Okepas] OK Promise survey

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Mon May 21 09:15:59 CDT 2018

We would appreciate your help with this short survey if you have not already completed it.
Thank you in advance for your time!
Have a great day!

Lisa Nelson
Assistant Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Office:  405.225.9257
Cell: 580.614.1328

"I will cherish the impact you have had on my life forever." ~Student

E-mail Recruitment to Participate in Research

Hello,

My name is Kylie Smith and I am a PhD candidate at the University of Oklahoma conducting a survey on the role of high school personnel in facilitating student access to the Oklahoma's Promise program in which the first 300 respondents who complete the survey will receive a $5 Amazon gift card. I am contacting you, in particular, to participate in this study because you are engaged in preparing students for college at an Oklahoma high school. Your experiences and insight into this process would provide a valuable contribution to this project.

My colleague, Elizabeth Bell, and I are studying how changes made to the Oklahoma's Promise program by the state legislature have impacted the experiences of high school personnel (counselors, administrators, etc.) and students in the application process. Specifically, we are interested in learning more about the role of high school personnel in helping students navigate the Oklahoma's Promise application process in the midst of programmatic changes, including those made with regard to eligibility requirements.

If you would like to participate, please follow this link and complete the survey: https://ousurvey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3OY8AWtEqwy27Rz

The survey should take approximately 20 minutes to complete and consists of multiple choice and open-ended responses. While identifying contact information will be collected in the survey for the purposes of distributing the $5 Amazon gift card, all data will be kept strictly confidential and only approved researchers will have access to it.

Participation in this study is completely voluntary and you may withdraw from participation in the survey at any time without penalty.

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to other appropriate high school personnel with similar responsibilities in assisting students with the college preparation if they would like to participate in the study.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments about this study, I may be contacted by e-mail at kylie.smith at ou.edu<mailto:kylie.smith at ou.edu> or by phone at (405) 570-7882. Elizabeth Bell may be contacted by e-mail at bell3922 at ou.edu<mailto:bell3922 at ou.edu> or (512) 492-5594.

Dr. Deven Carlson serves as the faculty advisor for this research study. Dr. Carlson may be contacted by e-mail at decarlson at ou.edu<mailto:decarlson at ou.edu> or by phone at (608) 354-9824.

Sincerely,

Kylie Smith

NOTE: The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Institution. Approved by the IRB for study #9317.