[OkStudentPrep] Dates regarding workshops/conferences/PreACT from OSRHE

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Thu Sep 6 13:15:20 CDT 2018

Good afternoon,
I have packaged together workshop/conference dates and PreACT information that you have received from our agency the past couple of weeks.  Please see each one, there are 5 listed:

1.      STUDENT PREPARATION FALL WORKSHOP
             [cid:image002.png at 01D445DE.29DF66F0]
The first one is tomorrow at OCCC.  Continental breakfast will be provided by ACT.
Topics:  legislation, concurrent enrollment, college math gateway programs, OKPromise, ICAP, OKcollegestart, FAFSA, FAFSA portal, our conferences/summer institute, PreACT and ACT.
Register at: https://okhighered.org/student-prep/#fall

2.      COUNSELOR/INDIAN EDUCATION CONFERENCES
There are only 5 spots left at our Counselor/Indian Ed Conference at Fin and Feather, October 7th & 8th . Registration ends tomorrow, September 7th!
We share best practices, learn about new resources, learn about PreACT, set up your ICAP on OKcollegestart, build relationships and so much more.  Registration fee is $145 which includes meals and lodging.

       [cid:image005.jpg at 01D445E3.A954D9B0]
Register:  https://okhighered.org/student-prep/#spie

3.      OKcollegestart ICAP Workshops
This year's Fall Workshops will focus entirely on using OKcollegestart.org to implement Individual Career Academic Plans (ICAPs) in your school. Join us to receive hands-on support as you select ICAP activities, customize and assign an ICAP to your students, track student progress and identify how to use activity outcomes in advising. Goodwell is the only workshop location with seats remaining. You can always attend a counselor/Indian Ed conference to get set up.

September 11 ● Goodwell ● 1 - 3:30 pm

September 27 ● Broken Arrow ● 1 - 3:30 pm Full

October 3 ● Lawton ● 9 am - 12 pm  Full

October 23 ● Oklahoma City ● 9 am - 12 pm Full

October 25 ● Seminole ● 9 am - 12 pm  Full

Please register online at https://secure.okcollegestart.org/Home/Educators/_default.aspx

Contact information:   Theresa Shaklee, M.Ed., Student Portal Coordinator
Phone: 405.234.4383 | Toll-free: 866.443.7420
Email: tshaklee at ocap.org<mailto:tshaklee at ocap.org> | Fax: 405.234.4390
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D445CF.417265B0]<http://www.okcollegestart.org/>

4.      Oklahoma Counselor Connect Workshops
9:00 am to 12:00 pm on the following dates:

OCAP, Oklahoma City - Wednesday, October 3 - Closed/Full
OCAP, Oklahoma City - Monday, October 8 (added recently to accommodate a long wait list) - registration OPEN
OU-Tulsa - Thursday, October 11 - Closed/Full

Join us for the latest updates on:

*        The new look and feel of the online FAFSA

*        Financial literacy opportunities

*        ICAPs and features of OKCollegeStart.org

*        Dreamers and DACA students

*        Oklahoma’s Promise
Please email to register: ucango2 at ocap.org<mailto:ucango2 at ocap.org>

5.      PREACT
The testing window is September 4 through November 30.  PreACT information and webinar regarding ordering:  http://www.act.org/stateanddistrict/oklahoma#preact
Please remember when you order, you have to agree to the terms and conditions and click the submit button.  You will then receive a confirmation page when your order is complete, please print it and save it.
Your school receives a wealth of important information from everything your students complete on the answer document.

I hope that you have a wonderful day and hope to see you at a fall workshop!
Lisa Nelson
Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Office:  405.225.9257
Cell: 580.614.1328

“This world is but a canvas to our imagination.” ~ Henry David Thoreau