[Cobo] FW:

LeFlore, Bobby bleflore at osrhe.edu
Mon Oct 20 09:08:29 CDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa.McKeithan at osf.state.ok.us
[mailto:Lisa.McKeithan at osf.state.ok.us]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 9:20 AM
To: jpearsall at zeus.okccc.edu; tsilvers at ucok.edu;
bfeighr at mailclerk.ecok.edu; lwilson at neoam.edu; cherryc at cameron.edu;
LeFlore, Bobby; dmoore at sosu.edu; rmcdaniel at ou.edu;
billjones at carlalbert.edu; burnett at nsuok.edu; MEDavison at nwosu.edu;
ibillen at rose.edu; rhalley at okstate.edu; Latham, Tricia; dgreed at mscok.edu;
Dcowan at rsu.edu; Wiley, Dianna; higgins_m at ssc.cc.ok.us;
Larry-Presley at ouhsc.edu; calvertm at redlandscc.edu; cberry at neoam.edu;
bchiles at tulsacc.edu
Cc: Jerry.Stillwell at osf.state.ok.us; Brenda.Bolander at osf.state.ok.us;
Richard.Clark at osf.state.ok.us; Mike.Jorski at osf.state.ok.us;
Judi.Mott at osf.state.ok.us; Theresa.Walters at core.state.ok.us;
Sheila.Oakley at core.state.ok.us; Ernie.Stewart at core.state.ok.us;
Paul.Phillips at core.state.ok.us; Rita.Bowman at osf.state.ok.us;
Brooke.Daniel at core.state.ok.us

I appreciate the effort each of you has made in testing your interface to
the new PeopleSoft applications and I believe we have made great progress.

I understand that many of you are still testing various scenarios and have
requested that we keep the test system available through go-live.  Knowing
that the more testing that you are able to do right now will enable a
smoother transition to the new system, we have agreed to make the test
environment available through the end of the month.  We will try to extend
the system availability through the early part of November, but other
testing, trouble-shooting, etc may prevent us from doing so.

I have received several questions about the vendor conversion for go-live.
Some agencies have requested that we move the test file we have been
building over to production.  Other agencies have indicated they knew this
was a test file and therefore sent non-production data.  Since we cannto
differentiate between the good and bad data, we will need to build the file
from scratch.

 As you know, the legacy system will be shut down Friday, Oct 24th at
5:00pm.  On Saturday, we will begin converting/validating data from the
legacy systems.  By Monday or Tuesday we will be ready to begin loading the
higher ed vendors into the production database.  Since you will not have
access to the production system during that week, the CORE staff will be
working with you to load your vendor files into the system.

If you will have a vendor file to load, please send me an email so we can
contact you when we are ready to load your file.  We need to make sure we
are coordinating the load process to ensure that we are processing the
correct file.

As we load files, we will produce the vendor file extract
(core.vendor.file.heclm).  This extract will then contain the vendor ids
and locations assigned to a vendor in the production system.  You will need
to make sure that you have updated your legacy files.

For testing (and production) purposes, we have set-up a 'student refund'
vendor.  Vendor id 0000001105 and location 0001.  For issue notices (you
have already written the check), you may submit this vendor id/location on
the header (type 1) record.  Then on the payee (type 3) record, you would
put the student's name.  Using this scenario, the students do not have to
be loaded into the vendor file.

Again, I really appreciate all of your help and your timely feedback to our
requests.

Lisa McKeithan
Office of State Finance
Program Development - 405.521.3772