[Cobo] Retirement Benefits Study

Siragusa, Debbie dsiragusa at osrhe.edu
Thu Sep 18 15:42:37 CDT 2003

Hello everyone:

As Maryanne discussed in the COBO meeting earlier this month, there has been much interest shown in updating the Employee Benefits study that was coordinated through our office in FY 2000.  The last study actually addressed all benefits including health insurance, retirement, life insurance, leave etc.  At this time, we plan to concentrate on the retirement portion of benefits. Later in the fall, we will address the remaining pieces.

Rather than sending out a survey form this time, we wanted to start by asking each institution to send a copy of their retirement benefits information package.   This may be the information given to employees, used internally or part of your employee handbook.  Please just send the most detailed, descriptive information you have available.  I have found some information on your web-sites and if that is the best source for the data, please just let me know and I will pull it up.  Some major components of data that need to be addressed in the information you send is the type of  retirement benefit (OTRS, Defined Contribution Plans and Defined Benefits Plans), eligibility requirements, vesting, amount paid by institution and employee, etc.

If you could please, email, fax or mail the retirement information to me by Wednesday the 24th.  After reviewing this initial information, I may need to contact you to get more detailed data.  We will be discussing the design and desired outcome of the study in future meetings.

Thanks so much.
Debbie

Debbie Siragusa
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Budget & Finance
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Tele: 405-225-9206  Fax: 405-225-9230