[Cobo] Cell Phone Policy

Bruce Wiese bruce.wiese at wosc.edu
Mon Mar 12 10:12:34 CDT 2007

Good Morning,

Most of our colleges and institutions either supply cell phones or give
reimbursements for them.  The IRS and our internal auditors are starting to
focus on the taxability of the personal use portion, so my auditor
recommends we tighten up our policies.  I would appreciate your help in
redoing my policies and procedures.

1.                  Do you pay for cell phones or do you reimburse?

2.                  Do you record call log books if you provide cell phones?

3.                  If you reimburse, how much monthly?

4.                  Do you call reimbursement "wages" or "non-wage
reimbursement"?

5.                  Do you have a policy on personal use?  If so, can you
share your policy - bruce.wiese at wosc.edu

Thank you for your time.

Bruce Wiese
Vice President for Business Affairs