[Cobo] FTC Red Flag Rules

SKreidler at uco.edu SKreidler at uco.edu
Fri Oct 3 16:21:16 CDT 2008

COBO Officers:

Yesterday at our meeting Tom Fagan asked if any of us had learned much
about the new FTC rules which go into effect November 1st.  Charlie Babb
of the RUSO office found this and forwarded it for your review.  If you
have comments or thoughts, please respond to the listserve, being reminded
that everyone will see your response.

Kind regards,

(Please note a change in my email address to:
skreidler at uco.edu)

Steve Kreidler
Executive Vice President
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University
Edmond, OK  73034

405.974.2251

This was posted on the NACUA list serve yesterday while we were having our
discussion.  FYI

Regarding Red Flag Rule- we have been informed by the FTC that they will
be issuing on their web site guidance to higher education on the
applicability of the rules to our institutions either this week or next.
It may be advisable to wait until this guidance is received to develop (or
finalize) Programs on Identity Theft Prevention.

Marti Anne Ellermann
Senior Counsel
Office of University Counsel
State University of New York
SUNY Plaza
Albany, New York 12246
marti.ellermann at suny.edu

**ADDRESS CHANGE NOTICE**-The University of Central Oklahoma is
moving to a new Internet address.  This e-Mail address and web
sites are now available at uco.edu.  All e-mail addresses and web
sites will use uco.edu effective January 2, 2009.

**CONFIDENTIALITY** -This email (including any attachments) may
contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information.  Any