[Cobo] FTC Red Flag Rules

SKreidler at uco.edu SKreidler at uco.edu
Fri Oct 17 08:48:09 CDT 2008

COBO Officers:

Some additional information from RUSO legal counsel Charlie Babb on the
FTC Reg Flag Rules.

Kind regards,

(Please note a change in my email address to:
skreidler at uco.edu)

Steve Kreidler
Executive Vice President
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University
Edmond, OK  73034

405.974.2251
----- Forwarded by Steve Kreidler/VPAdmin/UCO on 10/17/2008 08:47 AM -----

"Babb, Charlie" <cbabb at ruso.edu>
10/16/2008 03:58 PM

"David  Koehn" <DKoehn at ucok.edu>, "David Pecha" <dmpecha at nwosu.edu>,
"Griswold, Lynn" <lgriswold at ruso.edu>, "Kim Cherry" <cherryka at nsuok.edu>,
"Mark Moore" <mmoore at ucok.edu>, "Ross Walkup" <rwalkup at sosu.edu>, "Steve
Kreidler" <skreidler at ucok.edu>, "Steve Turner" <sturner at ecok.edu>, "Tom
Fagan" <tom.fagan at swosu.edu>
cc
"Ellsworth, Marilyn" <mellsworth at ruso.edu>
Subject
FTC Red Flag Rules

In a posting by Jeff Baker, Director Policy Liaison and Implementation,
Federal Student Aid, U.S. Department of Education, he indicates that in
their opinion institutions participating in the Perkins program are
subject the FTC Red Flag Rules.  The posting also indicates that other
programs may also subject the institution to the rules.  See,
http://www.ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/1014FTCRedFlagRules.html

Please give me a call if you have any questions or we may be of
assistance.  Charlie

Charles K. Babb, General Counsel
Regional University System of Oklahoma
3555 Northwest 58th, Suite 320
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112
t-405-942-8817
f-405-942-8847

**ADDRESS CHANGE NOTICE**-The University of Central Oklahoma is
moving to a new Internet address.  This e-Mail address and web
sites are now available at uco.edu.  All e-mail addresses and web
sites will use uco.edu effective January 2, 2009.

**CONFIDENTIALITY** -This email (including any attachments) may
contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information.  Any