[Cobo] 2008 Oklahoma Women in Higher Education Conference--November 21 at UCO

Blanke, Debbie dblanke at osrhe.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:41:40 CDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,
The 2008 Oklahoma Women in Higher Education Annual Conference is
scheduled for November 21, 2008, hosted at the University of Central
Oklahoma (Edmond, OK).  The informational brochure is attached to this
email, so be sure to forward to any of your associates who did not
receive the email.  Registration and conference information is available
online at:  www.okwhe.org

This year's annual conference will feature a renowned national speaker,
Dr. Jolene Koester, president of the California State University,
Northridge who is also serving as the 2008-09 Chairperson of the
American Association of State Colleges and Universities.  In addition,
we will have a presidents' panel discussion, break out sessions with
both national and local speakers on a variety of topics, and we are
honored to have the Chancellor for Higher Education, Glen D. Johnson
joining us for this year's conference.  Other special guests include Dr.
Joe Anna Hibler and Ms. Belva Howard from the Regional University System
of Oklahoma Board.

Some new items for 2008:

*	Career Aspirations Workshop -- On Thursday, November 20 from
1:00pm to 5:00pm, a workshop will be available for up to 30
participants.  Dr. Jennifer L. Bloom from the University of South
Carolina and coauthor of Career Aspiration and Expeditions:  Advancing
Your Career in Higher Education will facilitate a group as they
contemplate how to direct their career path in higher education.  The
registration fee is $125 per person.  More information is available in
the attached brochure and at www.okwhe.org
*	Graduate Student Conference Fee Waivers -- To encourage more
women to look at higher education as a career option, the organization
is looking for aspiring graduate students to apply for a conference
registration fee waiver.  The application is available at the
www.okwhe.org site under conference registration information or they can
contact Debbie Blanke (contact info below) for an application.
*	Information Sharing -- Annual conference participants will have
the opportunity to present research articles, publications, or poster
presentations relating to women in higher education leadership.  Dr.
Erin Taylor (etaylor at osrhe.edu or 405.225.9163) will be coordinating
this effort, so contact her if you would like to present your materials.

*	Appreciative Advising -- A free discussion group meeting 10:00am
Thursday, November 20 at UCO where our workshop presenter, Dr. Jennifer
Bloom, will provide tips to those who advise students, based on her new
book, The Appreciative Advising Revolution.  Details in the brochure
attached.

This year's conference has something for everyone, so we hope you will
plan to attend.  Registrations are due by November 7th with more details
in the attached brochure and online at our new website at www.okwhe.org
(under development!).  We hope to see YOU there!

Debbie Blanke, Ed.D.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma  73104
405.225.9145
405.225.9230 (fax)
dblanke at osrhe.edu
www.okhighered.org <http://www.okhighered.org/>

"Weave me the sunshine, out of the falling rain.  Weave me the hope of a
new tomorrow, and fill my cup again."
Peter Yarrow