[Coil-l] Question about information literacy standards

Hoberecht, Toni (HSC) Toni-Hoberecht at ouhsc.edu
Mon Apr 18 14:27:10 CDT 2011

Dear COILers,
Does anyone know whether there is anything about information literacy in any higher education external standards that relate to Oklahoma? For example,  the Oklahoma State Department of Education includes information literacy as a "priority academic student skill," but that won't work because it's not higher ed. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Standards makes at least a passing reference to Info Lit, but that won't work because it's New England. ACRL Info Lit Standards is not what I'm looking for, because I'm looking for something that applies to Oklahoma, or higher ed institutions in Oklahoma, specifically.
Any help or ideas along these lines would be welcome.
Sincerely,

Toni Hoberecht
Assistant Professor, Reference and Education Services Librarian
OU-Tulsa Library