[Coil-l] 2011 Community of Oklahoma Instruction Librarians Call for Proposals

Emily Brown EBrown29 at uco.edu
Thu Apr 28 14:19:40 CDT 2011

In 2011 COIL is focusing on traditional instruction- we're planning on a back-to-basics workshop that also illustrates innovative and unique spins on instruction planning, methods, and evaluation.  We are looking for proposals that will help librarians new and practiced invigorate their instructional lives!  Please see the points below for presenter details.

If you feel that you have something to add to our 2011 summer workshop, we invite you to submit your proposal to the 2011 COIL Chair, Emily Brown at ebrown29 at uco.edu<mailto:ebrown29 at uco.edu>. Decisions will be made shortly, so please submit your proposals by May 13th, 2011.

If you are chosen to present, you will participate in a pre-workshop social network that is designed to help attendees have active conversations with you about your topic, both before and after the workshop on July 22nd, 2011.

Workshop Opportunities for Presentation:

v  (1 Presentation) Planning for Instruction: Do you have an innovative or practical way to prepare for instruction? Are you willing to share those skills with others?  Submit your presentation proposal and help other librarians plan accordingly.

v  (3 Presentations) Methods of Instruction:  Do you have tips on public speaking?  Are you coming up with new and interesting ways to teach?  Are you using tools to supplement your lectures?   Submit your presentation proposal and help librarians think outside of that old box!

v  (1 Presentation) Post-Instruction Assessment:  Do you have a plan for post-instruction assessment?  Are you willing to share those skills with others?  Submit your presentation proposal and help other librarians learn how to adapt their instruction.

We look forward to your proposals and attendance at this summer's unCOILed 2011: Get Schooled!

Don't forget to find COIL on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Community-of-Oklahoma-Instruction-Librarians/237835109164> and Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/COILOK>!

Sincerely,

Emily Brown

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.