[Coil-l] Your New Officers...

Megan Donald megan.donald at tulsacc.edu
Mon Dec 7 16:38:58 CST 2015

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for a wonderful year! I've greatly enjoyed getting to know my colleagues at other institutions and joining together in camaraderie to share knowledge, tools, and techniques that improve instruction. As my tenure as COIL Chair comes to an end, I am happy to announce that the new COIL Chair and Chair Elect are Sarah Whittle and Cinthya Ippoliti, respectively. 2016 will be an exciting year for COIL! Please join me in welcoming Sarah and Cinthya aboard.

Sarah Whittle
[cid:image001.png at 01D1310D.D6A15C10]Sarah Burkhead Whittle is an Instructor of Library Services at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK, serving as resource coordinator and research librarian for the College of Education.  She holds a Bachelor of Music in Music Education from Southwest Baptist University and a Master of Arts degree in Information Science and Learning Technologies from the University of Missouri.  In addition to serving as this year's COIL vice chair, she is a member of ALA, ACRL, and OK-ACRL.  In her free time she's an avid knitter, reader, and pianist.

Cinthya Ippoliti
[cid:image002.png at 01D1310D.D6A15C10]Cinthya Ippoliti is the Associate Dean for Research and Learning Services at Oklahoma State University. Cinthya was previously the Head of Teaching and Learning Services at the University of Maryland. Her career in public services in both small and large institutions has spanned over a decade and includes experience with instructional best practices and pedagogy for first year programs, assessment, instructional technology and recently, the services, spaces and programming for the Terrapin Learning Commons at the University of Maryland. Cinthya has presented both in person and virtually at conferences such as Association of College and Research Libraries and Library Orientation Exchange on topics such as discovery-based learning, outreach, technology partnerships and ebook usability. Her online presentations include a webinar on creating an online information literacy tutorial offered as part of the Association of College and Research Libraries E-Learning Series.

Thanks, again, for a great year everyone!

P.S. If you were planning to attend the last meeting at Main Event Entertainment in Tulsa this Friday, I am afraid we will have to reschedule. If interested, feel free to send me some other dates in December that would work for you and I will see about rescheduling.