[Coil-l] March 25 - COIL online bookclub

Sarah Whittle burkhead at nsuok.edu
Tue Mar 8 15:00:41 CST 2016

Hello all,

With spring break right around the corner (for many of us), I wanted to be
proactive in reminding everyone about our March COIL meeting, which will
take place online (TBA) Friday, March 25. We will discuss the book *Rethinking
Reference for Academic Libraries: Innovative Developments and Future Trends
<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781442244528/Rethinking-Reference-for-Academic-Libraries-Innovative-Developments-and-Future-Trends>
*eds. Carrie Forbes and Jennifer Bowers.

We won't have time to cover every chapter in the book, but I think we could
easily manage discussing around five chapters (10 minutes per chapter = 50
minute meeting). For those of you who have/had access, would anyone like to
volunteer to lead a discussion over a particular chapter? I think it would
be insightful for us to hear one another's experiences and opinions.

Chapter 11 - Megan Donald
Chapter 13 - Sarah Burkhead Whittle

Are there *three more volunteers* to cover *three other chapters*? If so,
please feel free to reply to the listerv to let everyone know your
preference.
Attached is the agenda with some general discussion guidelines we can
incorporate to streamline our discussion over these five chapters. If
you're leading a chapter feel free to customize these to what works best
for you, though!

Look for more information the week of the meeting regarding the online
platform we will use.

In the mean time, happy reading and happy spring break!
Sarah

--
Sarah Burkhead Whittle
Instructor of Library Services ~ Resource Coordinator, College of Education
burkhead at nsuok.edu
Blackboard IM: sburkhead