[Coil-l] COIL Book Club October 28 & Officer Elections

Sarah Whittle burkhead at nsuok.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:13:53 CDT 2016

Hello all!

*October Meeting - Online Book Club*
As a reminder, this Friday, October 28, is our COIL meeting/online book
club, which will take place via Zoom from 2:00-3:00 p.m. We will
discuss *Teaching
Information Literacy Threshold Concepts: Lesson Plans for Librarians *eds.
Bravender, McClure, & Schaub. There are six broad chapters, one for each of
the new threshold concepts: Scholarship as Conversation, Research as
Inquiry, Authority is Constructed and is Contextual, Information Creation
as a Process, Searching as Strategic Exploration, and Information Has
Value.

So far, we have Chapter 3 (Authority is Constructed and is Contextual) and
Chapter 6 (Information Has Value) covered, so if anyone else is interested
in leading from a portion one of the other four chapters, please let me
know ASAP! (If you are presenting and want to include any PowerPoint
slides, etc., please pass these along to me via e-mail by Thursday
afternoon.)

Or, if you're simply interested in attending and participating in the
discussion, please let me know! I'll e-mail individuals the link to the
Zoom chat room Friday morning.

*COIL Officer Elections*
Also, please take time to vote for the 2017 COIL officers before Thursday,
November 10 via
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GBnp4ITRCZcYx6dxhwtaKbolAB3LodiqItTPHdE-aZM/viewform?ts=57fd4515&edit_requested=true

The results of the election will be shared at OK-ACRL the next day, Friday,
November 11, and I will also send out a message the following week
introducing everyone to next year's officers, in case you aren't able to
attend OK-ACRL. Speaking of which...

*OK-ACRL*
In case you aren't subscribed to the OK-ACRL list-serv, this information
was recently sent about this year's conference. We will not have a November
COIL meeting, so I hope to see you at OK-ACRL!

Join us for “Back to Basics: Diving Deep into Patron Service and Public
Services.” This year’s featured speaker is Arta Kabashi, Customer
Experience Training and Consulting Partner at ProQuest.