[Coil-l] Question about format of COIL conference and COIL meeting reminder

Sarah Whittle burkhead at nsuok.edu
Mon Apr 17 14:36:13 CDT 2017

Hello all!

Just a few thoughts to kick around...

In-Person unCOILed workshop
- To the best of my recollection we haven't ever had a long-distance
virtual speaker at unCOILed before and this would be neat to try!
- Nicole's keynote could then lead to a terrific opportunity for F2F
breakout sessions and group discussion.

Online unCOILed workshop
- Would we be able to charge the same amount for someone to "attend" an
all-online conference to offset Nicole's speaker fee?
- I know I enjoy the flexibility of the AMIGOS online conference, but would
unCOILed function similarly?

Hybrid unCOILed workshop
- If we were to use Zoom to connect with Nicole via a video conference, for
those unable to attend in person, we could offer a discounted fee to join
in for just the keynote.

As for the April meeting, I would love to attend in person, but might have
family visiting that day for Tahlequah's Red Fern Festival
<http://www.redfernfestival.com/>. I'm a "maybe" for now!

Thanks!
Sarah

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Ippoliti, Cinthya <
cinthya.ippoliti at okstate.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> Happy Monday! OK-ACRL discussed speakers for the OK-ACRL conference as
> well as the COIL Summer Conference. Nicole Pagowsky is able to speak to
> COIL in July but only virtually. Her fee is $500 and I wanted to see what
> you think about having her lead some online sessions. We could still have
> an in-person meeting where we have various breakout discussions, and she
> could kick us off as well as provide some guidance for the remainder of the
> day. Or we could opt for an all virtual conference and see if that format
> works with her as our main presenter.
>

> Also, here is some information about our upcoming COIL meeting on April 28
> th-*please let me know if you are planning to attend in person or if you
> would prefer a virtual meeting and what your restaurant option you prefer
> by Friday, April 21:*
>
> ·         TCC Metro is happy to host the meeting at its downtown location
> (thanks Megan and Adam!)
>
> ·         Restaurant options
>
> o   Boston Ave Grill (Sandwiches, salads, southwestern)
> http://www.bostonavenuegrille.com/
>
> o   KilKennys (Irish pub) http://tulsairishpub.com/
>
> o   Billy’s On the Square (burgers) http://billysonthesquare.com/
>

> Thank you!
>
> Cinthya
>

> Cinthya Ippoliti
>
> Associate Dean for Research and Learning Services
>
> Oklahoma State University|OSU Library
>
> E-mail: cinthya.ippoliti at okstate.edu
>
> Phone: 405-744-5271
>
> [image: d]

Sarah Burkhead Whittle
Instructor of Library Services
Resource Coordinator, College of Education | Interim Resource
Coordinator, Departments
of Criminology, Justice Studies & Global Security; Geography & Political
Science; Social Work
Community of Oklahoma Instruction Librarians, Chair Emeritus 2017
Northeastern State University
John Vaughan Library 306B
711 N. Grand Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464