[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Nov. 14

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Nov 14 10:12:53 CST 2005

Hi everyone,

I guess I'm in denial.  I can't believe it's this late in the year, but
I heard wild geese going over this morning at 6:00 as I came in to work,
so I know the weather man is right when he says a COLD front is coming.
When I hear the sound of wild geese flying south it always makes me want
to go home, fill up the bird feeder and snuggle up with a warm blanket,
a good book and a cup of hot chocolate.  Don't forget to cover up or
bring in any tender plants you want to save, and provide some warm
bedding for any animals you may have outside.  They'll appreciate it.  I
thought I had this all taken care of last week, by putting a big
cardboard box and an old couch cushion in the barn for a couple of
foster dogs I have at the house, but they've eaten their box already, so
I'll have to come up with something else.  And I hear from several
sources that it's not good to use hay as bedding for dogs as they are
more likely to get mange.  Straw is better.

Our menu for today includes:

             Spaghetti with meat sauce
             Au gratin potatoes
             Sweet peas