[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. April 6

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Apr 6 09:07:02 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Boy, the weather has sure been wonderful lately.  Great for being
outside, but it sure has got the ticks crawling around like crazy
looking for something or someone to latch onto.  Be sure and spray on
something to keep them off of you when you go out.  It seems like they
are much more of a threat than they were when I was growing up.  Used
to, they were just a nuisance, now it seems they can causes diseases
that can kill you.   I walked down through the woods yesterday in spite
of the ticks, just to see springtime.  I noticed some fuzzy material on
the ground and couldn't figure out what it was, whether it was fur or
what, then I looked up and way up high in a pine tree I could see a
squirrel nest that partially torn up and hanging down.  I don't know how
squirrels manage to weave such a cozy nest out of what looks like a pile
of leaves, but this material on the ground looked like it had some small
jute rope or something woven through it.  Interesting.  Then looking
down, I noticed a mole hill crossing the path.  It's pretty interesting
the things you can discover if you just get out of the recliner.  And
the smell of the wild plum blossoms at this time of the year is heavenly!

Our menu for today includes:

            Roast beef
             Carrots
             Macaroni and cheese

Our fast food is Chili Cheese Dogs.

And for dessert, come fix yourself an Ice Cream Sundae!  Delicious!

Rhoda   8-)