[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Apr. 21

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Apr 21 10:03:28 CDT 2006

Hi everybody,

I think we've had about 3 different seasons of weather this week:  a
couple of days of hot summertime, a couple of days of spring and today
reminds me of fall what with the cooler temperatures and the much needed
rain.

I decided last night that it was time to take our daddy Muskovy duck
down the hill to where our lady ducks had relocated themselves, and if I
had known what a show that was going to wind up being, I'd've sold
tickets.  Have you ever been beaten up by a duck?  And Muscovy's don't
quack so it was a pretty quiet fight.  They hiss and hit with their
wings a lot, and he flopped and splashed through his water pan, which
with ducks, is dirty immediately after you put it out for them, so I
probably looked like I'd been in a mud fight before it was all over
with.  Then we tried to put him in the cat carrier since I could tell he
wasn't just going to let me carry him down the hill.  That didn't work
well either until we went to Plan B.  We had started out trying to stuff
him in the thing head first, but he'd stretch his big long neck out one
way and his wings a couple of other directions and nothing would go
through the opening.  I finally managed to get him turned around
backwards, pin his wings down to him and stuff him in tailfeathers
first.  We finally got him down to where the female ducks were and he
stomped out of the carrier looking all indignant, fluffing his feathers
and splashing like he was trying to wash all the evidence of my
manhandling him away.  The ladies didn't appear as interested in him as
they did the feed we took down to them, but I figure that will change.

For you folks that live in the Wilburton city limits, I noticed in the
paper that the city will be having clean-up days Tues. and Wed. of next
week, so if you have stuff you need hauled off, you need to get it to
the curb before then and call city hall to get on their pick-up list.

It's looking like a busy week here at Eastern next week, with the Battle
of the Bands Monday evening, the self-defense classes offered on Tues.,
Wed. and Thurs., along with the Spring Musical, and various banquets and
luncheons scheduled throughout the week.  And don't forget about the
Starving Artist event downtown today and tomorrow.  They tell me it's
getting to be the busy season around here and I believe it.

Our menu for today includes:

        Dorito Bake
        Nacho chips
        Refried beans
        Spanish rice
        Italian mashed potatoes and gravy
        Fresh steamed broccoli with cheese sauce
        Fiesta corn

Our fast food is Pizza.

And for dessert we have  yummy Chocolate Brownies.

Have a great weekend,