[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Aug. 2

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 2 09:40:21 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Well, I can tell it's starting to get busier over here, and just with me
in general.  We had our first Girl Scout Leader's Meeting yesterday
evening for this school year, and much of the discussion was about
getting ready for day camp later this month.  We're planning an
overnight program to teach the older girls about "Weather Wonders" and
"Stargazing", and the younger ones about "Science Wonders" and "Space
Exploration", so if any of you have any information or expertise you
could share on any of these subjects, and you'd be willing to come to
the program on Aug. 18 and 19 at the Veteran's Colony Hall south of
town, please contact me or Patricia Rector.  We want to have a really
interesting, informative program for them.  In Oklahoma, a.k.a. Tornado
Alley, we really need to know as much as possible about our weather
patterns, and what we should do to be as safe as possible in our extreme
weather.

They also told us a little about a new information system that is in
effect in this area.  2-1-1.  You can call this number on your phone to
find out about non-profit agencies, governmental agencies, all sorts of
physical and mental health services, day care, utility assistance, and
various other topics.  This will really be valuable to new people in the
area, including some of our new students, I expect.  The service covers
14 counties in Southeastern Oklahoma and is available 24 hours a day, 7
days a week.  To call from your cell phone, dial (580) 332-0558.

Our menu for today includes:

          Goulash
          Crispy cube potatoes
          Okra
          Cream style corn
          Hot rolls

Our fast food is BBQ Beef on a Bun, Baked Beans and Chips.

And for dessert, you can't beat Chocolate Cake!

See you at lunch,