[Eoscstudents] Menu for Manic Monday Aug. 28

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 28 10:05:54 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to Shonnie Hall and all her wonderful volunteers for a
very successful Driving Awareness Day Saturday.  My daughter and I got
to spend some time at the event put on my BP and various others and it
was very worthwhile.  If we're fortunate, maybe this can become a yearly
event.  There were several displays that should really make our young
people think of the consequences of drinking and driving.  It's sad when
so many of them think that's what being grown up is all about, being
able to get drunk, or just do whatever you want without realizing what
lifelong consequences their actions could have.

My bad.  I neglected to mention several birthdays Friday, and I have to
apologize.  I guess I was too wrapped up in my own little world, what
with my husband and I celebrating our anniversary, and his birthday
coming right on it's heels.  (I think that's how he can remember our
anniversary so well.)  Our plumber here on campus, Big Allen Kendrick,
had a birthday on Friday, and I hope it was a happy one.  Also, one of
our newer EOSC employees, Shirley Calhoun had a birthday yesterday.
(She's my husband's birthday twin.  I wonder how much she'll pay me not
to tell her age?)  And last but not least, (well, maybe she is the
smallest, but she counts for two now), Carli Lay had a birthday
yesterday, and Carli, I hope you celebrated for two, but only with
doctor approved beverages, etc.

Also, the time is running out to register to win our Dr. Pepper bike and
helmet here in the Cafeteria.  The drawing is this Wed. at 1:15, so if
you're a currently enrolled Eastern student and you haven't entered the
drawing yet, better get on it!

Our menu for today includes:

            Chicken fajitas
            Spanish rice
            Refried beans
            Pasta bar
            Rice

Our fast food is a deli variety.

And for dessert have some Fresh Apple Cobbler.

Come on over,