[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Jan. 26

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jan 26 09:23:33 CST 2006

Hi folks,

I got my routine broken up a little bit yesterday by getting to cashier
at lunch.  Usually Irene Coy does this, but she was really under the
weather yesterday, so I got recruited.  It was good to be out there
seeing everyone that comes in for lunch.  Sometimes when I'm out there,
a student will forget something of theirs in the Cafeteria when they
leave and I send out an email, and later take it to Preston's office.
Yesterday I was about ready to bet that the next stray item I would find
would be one young man's pants, they were sagging down so low!  I bet
most of you can relate when I say that back when I was in school I
would've been totally embarrassed if I had lost my pants in public!  You
would never want to show your face again!  And wearing pants with holes
meant you couldn't afford new ones.  Talk about a different mind set!  I
guess that means I'm old, huh?  I keep telling my 12 yr. old daughter
that I'm so old that when I was a kid, candy was sweet.  Now some of it
is so sour, it's like a punishment!  Ah, the good old days...

There will be a PAWS (Partners for Animal Welfare Society) meeting this
evening at 7:00 at the Wilburton Public Library on West Ada just up from
Zip Trip if anyone is interested.  We love to have new people show up.

Our menu for today includes:

        Fried catfish
        Mashed potatoes and gravy
        Macaroni and cheese
        Mixed vegetables
        Brussels sprouts
        Seasoned red potatoes
        Rice
        Baked potato bar

Our fast food is:

        Chicken fried steak
        Chips

And for dessert we have some yummy Lemon Filled Cake.

See you at lunch,